Sault Ste. Marie Residents: Follow These Mould Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mould throughout your home.
If you see visible mould, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mould infestation throughout your home. When mould is disturbed, the mould can release microscopic mould spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Sault Ste. Marie for mould remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mould.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mould growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mould.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Sault Ste. Marie specializes in mould cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mould problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mould, Call Us Today – 705-450-5454
Does Your Home Have a Mould Problem?
Microscopic mould spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mould removal” and even guarantee to remove all mould, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mould facts:
- Mould is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mould spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mould spores thrive on moisture. Mould spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mould remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mould often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mould problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mould growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mould problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mould infestation.
If You See Signs of Mould, Call Us Today –705-450-5454